We are a recognised dental hospital under AXA medical insurance.
Our specialist is allowed to take out impacted wisdom teeth and buried roots under this insurance.
Tooth removal (or tooth extraction) involves having one or more teeth completely removed from your mouth. Teeth are usually removed by a dentist, but often the procedure is done in hospital by a surgeon. We have a specialist dentist who takes out complicated teeth at our dental practice.
There are several reasons why your teeth may need to be taken out. The most common reasons include:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease (periodontal disease)
- Broken teeth that can’t be repaired
- Abscesses (a collection of pus) on your gums or around your teeth
- Crowded teeth that impact your wisdom teeth
Impacted wisdom teeth
Sometimes your wisdom teeth don’t come through your gums properly and they are impacted. Some impacted wisdom teeth are asymptomatic (pain free) but often they can cause various problems. Some of the symptoms you may experience include:
- Pain or tenderness around the gums where the wisdom tooth is.
- Halitosis (bad breath) due to the infection and impacted food around the area.
- Pain on biting in the area and limited opening of the mouth.
- Pain in the jaw around the tooth and swelling of the glands under the jaw.
- Tooth ache from a decaying wisdom tooth or from the tooth in front where trapped food has caused a cavity.
If it is the first time your wisdom tooth has hurt, it may be just erupting and need nothing more than cleaning, mouthwash, painkillers or antibiotics .
If the pain continues, you may need a consultation with our oral surgeon. They will assess the tooth and determine if it needs extracting. Our oral surgeon has many years experience in complicated extractions and wisdom tooth removal.
Wisdom tooth extraction is a medical condition and is covered under most medical insurance policies. All dental insurance policies will cover dental extractions.